Mayor of Llantwit Major

A Year in the Life of the Town Mayor at Llantwit Major. Every year each Council Choose their Mayor to Hold office for One year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom

I live in Llantwit Major with my two Children Jessica aged 11 years and Laura aged 10 years, I am President of the Twining Organstion. Chairman of Planing, Chairman of Youth Forum, Chairman of School Gardens Commitee, Chairman of the Citzens Awards, Chairman of the Stillbirth and Childrens memorial Garden, Vice Chairman of S.M.I.L.E, Trustee of Crossroads in the Vale.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lorolei Westcott Fete



I attended a Fete held at Flanders Farm in order to raise funds for A young Local Girl Lorelei Westcott.
Lorelie aged 13 has achieved a personal best result in Gymnastics, she recently competed in the British open apparatus finals in burton-on-trent and achieved sixth place in the ribbon routine.

She finished overall in the top 10 in Britain, The competition was televised - the first filming of a British gym competition in 12 years.

Lorelei a member of the Welsh Rhythmic Gymnastics National Squad is off to Bulgaria in July for 2 weeks for a training camp where she will be coached and trained by some of the worlds best rhythmic gymnasts.

I was very impressed with what Lorelie had already achieved and also was aware that there was no funding to send Lorelie to Bulgaria. So at the fete I presented her with a cheque for £200 from my Charity account towards her costs.

keep an eye out for this young girl in the future. I would not be surprised to see her at the 2012 Olympic Games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home