Mayor of Llantwit Major

A Year in the Life of the Town Mayor at Llantwit Major. Every year each Council Choose their Mayor to Hold office for One year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom

I live in Llantwit Major with my two Children Jessica aged 11 years and Laura aged 10 years, I am President of the Twining Organstion. Chairman of Planing, Chairman of Youth Forum, Chairman of School Gardens Commitee, Chairman of the Citzens Awards, Chairman of the Stillbirth and Childrens memorial Garden, Vice Chairman of S.M.I.L.E, Trustee of Crossroads in the Vale.

Friday, July 28, 2006

My Civic Service







On Sunday July 2nd my Civic Service was held at St Illtyds Church Llantwit Major.

The Event was an ecumenical Event that was blessed with beautiful Weather.

The Service was conducted by Rev John Webber of Church in Wales, the Rev Duncan Ballantyne of Tabernacle Presbyterian Church,Rev Howard Heburn bethel Baptist and Father Piers Maher of Our Lady in St Illtyds Catholic Church.
I was delighted that all the Church leaders were represented, as I wanted them because collectively they represent the Community, and along with all the organisations, it was made very accessible day to everyone.



The Readings were given by Lesley Stokes Town Clerk, Coun Gwyn John and Gordon Taylor of Llantwit Major Community Church.

The RAF from St Athan lined the church steps, while the Brownies,Guides and Boys Brigade lined the south side of the church.

The Welsh guards also stood at the entrance to the church dressed in the Queens Guards uniform.

It was brilliant to see so many youngsters taking part in the community event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home