Mayor of Llantwit Major

A Year in the Life of the Town Mayor at Llantwit Major. Every year each Council Choose their Mayor to Hold office for One year.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom

I live in Llantwit Major with my two Children Jessica aged 11 years and Laura aged 10 years, I am President of the Twining Organstion. Chairman of Planing, Chairman of Youth Forum, Chairman of School Gardens Commitee, Chairman of the Citzens Awards, Chairman of the Stillbirth and Childrens memorial Garden, Vice Chairman of S.M.I.L.E, Trustee of Crossroads in the Vale.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Chamber of Trade

The Llantwit Major Chamber of Trade invited me along to one of there meetings, so I could give a talk to them about what plans I had for my year in office.

I talked about my hope of Llantwit Major becoming a Fair-trade town and was encourage with the support that the chamber gave me over this.

I also talked about forging stronger links between the Council and the Chamber in the hope that we can work together to make Llantwit Major a prospers town, and together we can work in promoting Llantwit Major throughout the Vale of Glamorgan and indeed Wales.

I am very thankful to the Chamber for the work they already do within the Town and look forward to working with them in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger ridad said...

Thanks Russell. It was good to have you at the meeting and we too look forward to a stronger working relationship with the Town Council. Speaking of the work we are doing, don't forget that we have just formed a sub-committee to re-launch the Llantwit Major Victorian Fair. Visit http://llantwitmajorvictorianfair.blogspot.com/ to see the blog.

Rob Renee
Marketing Officer
Llantwit Major Chamber of Trade and Commerce.

3:04 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell, It was great that you could attend, and as a first Chair,I think the meeting went well, new ideas coming to the town, for much the better! I look forward to working with you to encourage Fair Trade!! We must make a date to hold the event!

3:48 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home